Saturday 14 May 2011

Finish Line

Well i'll kick it off with my favourite song of the moment, by probably my favourite singer around - Yasmin. After the stunning singing debut's - "Runaway" and "On My Own" - following on from being a successful DJ. Yasmin releases her second official solo single "Finish Line". A collaboration with highly rated producer Labrinth, of "Pass Out" and "Frisky" (both w. Tinie Tempah) fame, the single showcases Yasmins ability over a more mainstream dancey beat. Yasmin pulls off what could be one of my favourite songs of the year. Not only this but Yasmin pulls out some of the most varied and fantastic remixes, covering Garage, Drum and Bass and House, with Shy FX (a collaborator on "On My Own") providing one of my favourite remixes for a long time. What Yasmin does best seems to be recruiting the best new and old artists for collabs and remixes and she pulls out no stops on this single.

An exciting venture into new and old genres this single and it's remixes does alot to be favoured - it's easily one of my favourite singles yet of 2011 -10/10
Check out the song and it's remixes from here -
Radio Edit
Freemason's Mix
Shy FX Mix
MIike Delinquent Project Remix

No comments:

Post a Comment